Sunday, July 5, 2009

green friends

ryan and I have a new addition to our family. we really wanted a dog, but our schedules are a little too hectic right now for that. so, we went a step down.

hamster? fish? bird?

I said "a" step down, not thirty.


we have a basil plant! she smells lovely, and adds a nice bit of green to our tiny little concrete patio. since our "deck" gets full-on sun from the time it rises until the early afternoon, I think it should have enough of the stuff to be nice and healthy. hellooooo, fresh basil!

but then, I became a little afraid that our sweet little plant would get lonely and sad out there all alone. so we welcomed two more green friends to the patiofarm.


this is our lovely cucumber. his name is Seabiscuit, because I am fairly certain that it will fail. I told my mom this, and her reply was, "well don't tell him that, and treat him like a champ anyway!" hopefully our champ wins out this time.


and this is our little oregano. notice my great recycling? 

awww. family photo!

No comments: