Tuesday, July 21, 2009

july, july, julyyyyy

That Decemberists song is running through my head now...

Anyway, I have been taking a lot of pictures lately and have several things I would love to post about. Unfortunately, the heat, our lack of air conditioning, and running after children for eight hours a day has left me too lazy to do much other than watch episodes of The West Wing on dvd. And by the way, C.J. Cregg is possibly the coolest character EVER. I wish I was her. I wish I was related to her. I wish I worked for her. I wish she was somehow a REAL person who played some part in MY life. That's how cool I think she is. 

Anyway again.

Last weekend, Ryan and I took a great hike up to Lake 22.

It was a slightly more difficult hike than I expected-- 2.7 miles might not sound like much, but when it is all uphill, it gets old fast. But it was more than worth it for getting to see the lake itself.


The picture above is one of my favorite pictures I have taken in a while, I think. Mountain lakes are incredible. The water is so green, and so clear you can see right to the bottom. I tried to stick my feet in, but it was so cold I thought my bones were going to freeze. I don't know how people managed to swim in that thing. All in all, I really enjoyed the hike-- once we got to the top, that is!

In other news, our cucumber is growing! I think I even spotted our first little cucumber growing away beneath all the leaves.

See? There it is, just waiting to get bigger and be eaten. At least I think that is the beginnings of a cucumber. Hopefully? We will see...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm doing cucumbers for the first time this year, and yes, I think that is one! :) -Jen Bandy