Saturday, August 22, 2009

cuke update and a PSA

Oh boy, it has been quite a while since I have posted anything. You see, it got hot here-- REALLY hot-- and pretty much all I wanted to do is lay down in front of the fan. That's all you can do, actually, when your apartment is 95 degrees because you don't have AC. Then I got busy. Then I got sick. And therefore, I have plenty of excuses for my blogging absence.

Anyways, BIG NEWS: We picked our first cucumber from our garden today! Normally I would have taken a picture, but I'm sick, you see, so I didn't want to go through all that effort. And then we ate it. So you'll just have to imagine what it looked like.

And now for a Public Service Announcement: You must make these cinnamon rolls right now. They do not use yeast, so they don't have to rise before baking. Because of the wonder of baking powder, they are much quicker to make than traditional cinnamon rolls. I made them for Ryan and I this morning, and they are so easy that even though I was sick and in a semi-fog from medicine, they managed to come out really well. Mom, you would really like these-- I thought they tasted like Cinnibons! They are much flakier and less bready than other cinnamon rolls I've had. One note to the recipe I linked to-- the directions say to roll each dough piece into a 2 by 10 inch rectangle. I did that, and they came out rather tall and fell over during baking. They came out looking more like sea cucumbers than cinnamon rolls! I would suggest rolling them out skinnier and longer so they are fatter and shorter.

Alright, I'm off to watch Sister Act. Gosh, I love this movie.

No comments: